8000 meters deep submarine actually there are optical cables? Is the person who spreads the cable is Iron Man?
1.On the surface of the sea, the ship releases the cable.
2.Under the sea, cable ploughs fix the cable to the bottom of the sea. There is also a repeater every 40km to 60km.
3. Guaranteed signal.How many optical cables do you need to bring?
Did you see the turntable on the boat? It can be said to be super long.
The process looks simple. Someone has to ask, is the pressure on the bottom of a few kilometers so large that the fiber is not easily damaged?
Responsibly tell you that submarine cables are more fragile than underground cables, and that different depths of maintenance are different:
1. The general cable fault location receives and sends a complete set of signals first, because the damage of the optical cable is usually the internal fiber breakage, the breakage location will reflect the signal, and the recovered reflection signal is compared with the shape and time of the signal calculated by the mathematical algorithm. Locate the specific location of the fiber breakage.
2. The cable repair ship went to the accident site to repair it. If the water depth is within two kilometers, an underwater robot is generally used to guide to the fault location through an artificial signal, and the damaged optical cable is cut off, and the remaining two ends are pulled back to the repair ship for repair.
3. If the water depth exceeds 2,000 meters, due to pressure problems, deep water grabs will be used, and the image is a hook. If it is a sandy seabed, the optical cable will be directly returned to the sea surface. If it is a rocky seabed, the grab must be along a certain length of the optical cable, so that the position of the optical cable can be adjusted more easily to prevent it from being pinched by rocks.
5. Fiber optic cable repair is mainly the work of fiber-optic welding. A2 is welded to the newly added spare cable B. Then the repair boat is close to the buoy, and the A1 is rejoined to the remaining part of B. The repaired cable is longer than the original one. The new cable is U-shaped on the sea floor. After the welding is completed, wait until the communication test is successful before returning the cable.
Other news for Thursday 07 June, 2018
News for Tuesday 05 June, 2018