Basic Common Sense Resolution of Fiber Optic Transceivers
Fiber optic transceiver is an indispensable network data transmission equipment. What is fiber optic transceiver? What is the structure of fiber optic transceivers? What is the role of fiber optic transceivers in the data dissemination process?
Fiber optic transceiver includes three basic functional modules: optical media converter chip, the optical signal interface (optical transceiver module) and the electrical signal interface (RJ45), with network management functions include network management information processing unit.
Fiber optic transceiver is a short distance twisted pair electrical signals and optical signals over long distances to swap the Ethernet transmission media conversion unit, in many places, also known as Fiber Converter. Products in generic applications can not be covered in the Ethernet cable, you must use the fiber to extend the transmission distance of the actual network environment, and is usually located in the broadband metropolitan area network access layer applications; in helping the fiber last mile connections to the metro also played a huge role in the network and the outer layer of the network.
Used directly in some of the larger companies, network construction fiber-optic backbone network established for the transmission medium, the internal LAN transmission medium is usually copper. How to implement LAN and connected to the fiber optic backbone? This requires different ports, different linear, convert between different fiber and ensure the quality of the link. The emergence of fiber optic transceivers, conversion between twisted pair electrical signals and optical signals to ensure the smooth transmission of data packets between two networks at the same time it will network transmission distance limit extended to more than 100 kilometers from the copper wire 100 meters ( single-mode fiber).
What are the basic features of fiber optic transceiver:
1. It is completely transparent to the network protocol.
2. Ultra low-latency data transmission.
3. It supports a wide operating temperature range.
4. Using a dedicated ASIC chip data wire-speed forwarding. The programmable ASIC will focus on the multiple functions onto a single chip, has the advantages of simple design, high reliability, low power consumption, enabling the machine to get higher performance and lower cost.
5. Network management equipment to provide network diagnostics, upgrades, status reports, exception reports and control functions, provide a complete operation log and alarm log.
6. Rack equipment can provide hot-swap function, ease of maintenance and uninterrupted upgrade.
7. Support a full range of transmission distance (from 0 to 120 km).
8. Equipment 1 +1 power supply design, support for ultra-wide supply voltage, power protection and automatic switching.
Fiber transceiver classification:
There are many types of fiber optic transceivers. In WDM system, for example, there are CWDM and DWDM transceivers including CWDM SFP, DWDM SFP, CWDM SFP+, DWDM SFP+, CWDM GBIC, CWDM XFP, DWDM XFP, CWDM X2, DWDM X2, CWDM XENPAK, and DWDM XENPAK.
FiberStore provides a full range of optical transceivers, such as SFP+ (SFP Plus) transceiver, X2 transceiver, XENPAK transceiver, XFP transceiver, SFP (Mini GBIC) transceiver, GBIC transceiver, CWDM/DWDM transceiver, and PON transceiver. All our fiber transceivers are 100% compatible with major brands like Cisco, HP, Juniper, Nortel, Force10, D-link, 3Com. They are backed by a lifetime warranty, and you can buy with confidence. We also can customize optical transceivers to fit your specific requirements.
Other news for Wednesday 04 November, 2020
News for Tuesday 03 November, 2020