Advantages and Disadvantages of FBT Splitter and PLC Splitter
Fiber optical splitter is also known as “non-wavelength selective optical branching device”. It is a fiber optic device used to achieve a particular band optical signal power splitter and redistribution.
Optical splitter can be used as a stand-alone device in the OLT node, the light distribution point and the FTTH point. It can also be placed in the central office wiring facilities, the light distribution points and FTTH points within the facility (integrated design or plug-in).
In accordance with the production process, optical splitters are divided into Fused Bi-conical Taper (FBT Splitter) and Planar Lightwave Circuit (PLC Splitter).
FBT Splitter (FBT Coupler)
Fused Bi-conical Taper technique is tied to two or more fibers, and then melted in a cone machine, pull tensile and real-time monitoring of changes in splitting ratio, the splitting ratio to meet the requirements after the end of the melt stretching, and wherein one end of a fiber optic reserved ( The remaining cut off) as the input terminal and the other end a multitude of road outputs. Mature tapering process can only pull 1 × 4. 1 × 4 or more devices, with a plurality of 1 × 2 connected together. Then the overall package in the splitter box.
(1) pull taper coupler over twenty years of history and experience, many equipment and processes simply follow the only development funds only a few of the PLC tenth or hundredth of a few
(2) Raw materials only readily available quartz substrate, fiber optics, heat shrink tubing, stainless steel pipe and less plastic, a total of not more than $ 1. Investment in machinery and equipment depreciation costs less, 1 × 2,1 × 4 and other low-channel splitter low cost.
(3) splitting ratio can be real-time monitoring, you can create unequal splitter.
(1) Loss of light sensitive wavelength ships according to the wavelength selection device, in this triple-play during use is a fatal defect, since the triple play of light transmitted signal 1310nm, 1490nm, 1550nm, and other multiple-wavelength signal.
(2) poor uniformity, 1×4 nominal about 1.5dB away, 1 × 8 or more away from larger, can not ensure uniform spectroscopic, which may affect the overall transmission distance.
(3) Insertion loss varies with temperature variation is greater (TDL)
(4) multi-demultiplexer (e.g., 1 × 16,1 × 32) volume is relatively large, the reliability will be reduced, the installation space is restricted.
Planar waveguide technology is the optical waveguide branching device with a semiconductor production process. The branching function is completed on the chip. On one chip to achieve up to 1X32 splitter, then, at both ends of the chip package input terminal and an output terminal respectively coupled multi-
Channel optical fiber array.
(1) The loss of transmission is not sensitive to the wavelength of light, to meet the transmission needs of different wavelengths.
(2) spectroscopic uniform signal can be uniformly allocated to the user.
(3) compact structure, small size, can be installed directly in the existing junction box, no special design leave a lot of space for installation.
(4) only a single device shunt channel can achieve much more than 32 channels. (5) The multi-channel, low cost, stars ones more and more obvious cost advantages.
(1) Device complex production process, high technical threshold, the chip is several foreign companies to monopolize domestic bulk package production companies only Borch rarely several.
(2) relative to the higher cost of Fused Splitter more at a disadvantage, especially in the low channel splitter.
Other news for Wednesday 20 November, 2019
News for Monday 18 November, 2019